Still going to be some time- I think I have to do the car up first as SWMBO (She who must be obeyed) is quite rightly pointing out that I've had the car for 14 years and doing nothing on it whilst 6 motorbikes and 12 cars have passed through my garage.....
Perth, Western Oz 1975 RE5M x 2 02 Beemer R1100S mature conveyance Some dirt bikes for fun! Wish list: Just about everything in Jay Leno's garage
I made up a low dead volume adapter for my pressure transducer. I removed the electrode and insulator from a plug and brazed up both ends. Once brazed I tapped the big end for my pressure transducer and filled the inner cavity with epoxy leaving just enough room to screw in the pressure transducer. After the epoxy cured I drilled a 1/32" hole from one end to the other. My revised compression testing set-up has very little dead volume.
The first test I did was with out adding any oil to the proper so I could compare results to the old set-up. Where I was once getting peaks of 100 psi to 117 psi I am now getting peaks of 115 psi to 124 psi or better.
The next test was done after adding some 20-50 oil which brought the peaks up to 136 psi and evened out the pulses.
I still have no idea how it compares to the Suzuki tester but the truth is probably between the results using the original setup with the hose and my new setup.
Thanks Jeff. I can't take credit for most of it. I saw it on a RX7 forum and also on this forum but never saw actual data from a RE5 test. It's been a fun project. I think the test does confirm I have a viable proper to work with.